Date(s) - 01/31/2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
This session builds on the strategies introduced in the “Motivational Interviewing” workshop. Motivational Interviewing can be “simple but not easy” to integrate into your regular counselling style – this highly interactive workshop is an opportunity to develop and practice these skills more extensively. An emphasis will be placed on case discussions and practice, so you are encouraged to bring your own challenging case examples for us to work with. Workshop content includes: reflective strategies revisited: the art of strategic reflection, dealing with resistance in groups and individuals, motivational interviewing – when you only have 20 minutes and case consultation and role play.
- Recommended participants attend Introduction to Motivational Interviewing.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Participants will learn further skills, building on the foundation of basic MI approaches.
- Participants will apply key concepts of MI through case discussion and role plays with complex clients and scenarios.
- Practical application of MI in participant’s workplace will be developed through the exploration of participant’s own case examples.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.