Date(s) - 27/07/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Why are some people easier to work with than others? How can I better connect with challenging clients? Many of the answers to these questions can be found in how we communicate: the better our communication skills, the easier it is to work with personally and professionally challenging individuals and situations. Building on the content covered in the “Introduction to Counselling Skills” course, this workshop will focus on enhancing your communication skills, developing greater cultural competence, and managing conflict more effectively. The session addresses the key principles and strategies in effective communication, with a focus on giving and receiving feedback, non-verbal communication, and identifying areas for further professional development. This dynamic and practical course combines large group discussion, interactive small-group exercises and individual work. At the end of this course participants will be able to: assess communication strengths and areas for further development; apply strategies for giving and receiving feedback; recognize different types of non-verbal communication; resolve conflict more effectively; and identify next steps for continued enhancement of communication skills.
- Recommended participants attend Introduction to Counselling Skills.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Enhance your understanding of core counselling/communication skills and areas for further development.
- Apply a brief, cognitive-behavioural intervention in counselling.
- Implement Mindfulness Meditation strategies with clients.
- Learn and use some new tools for your counselling tool kit.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training