Date(s) - 01/29/2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The realization that the majority if not all of the clients’ we serve have experienced Trauma has led to a significant shift in our system. Organizations are being tasked with ensuring that their policies and procedures are trauma informed. Supervisors are now having to make sure that staff are utilizing trauma informed practice methods in their work and to model these principles in their supervisory practice. Just as trauma informed principles have changed the way we interact with consumers; these same principles need to change the way we supervise and manage staff.
- All supervisors taking this course must have taken previous Trauma Informed training and be familiar with Trauma Informed principles of care.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
After the workshop, participants will:
- How to apply Trauma Informed Principles to Supervision using strength based and client centred models.
- How is Trauma Informed Supervision different from past models of supervision?
- Strategies for creating a Trauma Informed Supervisory Relationship.
- How to apply Trauma Informed Principles to Individual and Group Supervision and Peer Support.
- Co-creating a RICH environment (Respect, Information, Connection, Hope), Saakvitne, 2000.
- Supporting Self-Reflective and Self-Care Practices in workers.
- The challenges of supporting Staff with trauma histories, secondary trauma and current life adversity.
|Target Group: Executive Directors, Managers and Supervisors
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.