Date(s) - 03/04/2022
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Full Session - Registration Closed
- Live Online - CYITCC
- Live Online - HTCC
- Live Online - HTCCSM
- Live Online - OHPCP
Building on the theory and science of trauma from Trauma Informed Care Part 1, this session focuses on behaviour and practice and offers strategies and opportunities to consider how to support and work with those who have experienced trauma and are in the shelter system. This workshop uses a framework for supporting service user social-emotional competency, self-management and the enhancement of resilience skills. Participants will have various opportunities to discuss and practice supportive skills for trauma informed service care in the shelter system.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
- Identify how we ‘walk the talk’ and implement trauma informed service within the agency setting.
- Examine trauma informed recovery principles that emphasize safety and predictability
- Practice trauma informed principles that increase emotional and physical safety, empowerment and greater resilience.
- Consider the various components of professional self-care.
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.