Date(s) - 02/17/2022
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Live Online
- Live Online - CYITCC
- Live Online - DISC
- Live Online - HTCC
- Live Online - HTCCSM
- Live Online - OHPCP
As a continuum of learning we build on from the first level, the historical narrative and exploring more recent efforts to re-frame the relationship between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples. Specific content includes: the “White paper” and the response from Indigenous people, amendments to the Indian Act, the Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples, the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Canada’s apology to Residential School Survivors, and the lawsuit for the 60’s Scoop.
TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS TRAINING ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE SELF-PACED ONLINE PORTION PRIOR TO THEIR SCHEDULED LIVE ONLINE COURSE OTHERWISE THEY WILL BE UNABLE TO ATTEND.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
- Understand more recent events and how they work to address, or fail to address, historic trauma within Indigenous communities;
- Identify implications and impacts of discriminatory Legislation on Indigenous communities;
- Learn trauma informed approaches to enhance organizational communication;
- Come to know the resiliency of Indigenous peoples and their respective ‘culture’
- Development of specific action items that focus on Relationship Building and Respect.