Date(s) - 11/24/2021
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This session combines two workshops offered through FCJ Refugee Centre. During the Immigration section, the facilitator will provide an overview of the refugee process during the pandemic. The session includes a review of the measures and new programs implemented during 2021, immigration trends for 2022 and its impact on the lives of migrants and refugees.
The next section will provide a general overview of human trafficking issues in Canada while focusing on victim/survivor support and resources through a lens of coordinated community response. The presentation will highlight the situation of labour trafficking in Canada.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
- Summary of Immigration Policy Changes implemented.
- The refugee system overview and timelines
- Immigration trends, what to expect for 2022
- Human Trafficking: awareness labour trafficking
- Root causes and awareness of trafficking: trafficking in Canada.
- Understanding and identifying a trafficked person.
- Services and settlement process for a trafficked person.