Indigenous Cultural Competency Training (ICCT) is designed for the development of necessary skills, knowledge, attitudes, and values that will support participants in building meaningful and informed relationships with urban Indigenous communities.
Cycle 1 focuses on the early relationship between the Crown, Canada, and Indigenous peoples. Through an interactive presentation and group breakout sessions participants will explore:
- OFIFC’s Relationship Framework
- The Urban Indigenous Action Plan
- History of the Friendship Centre Movement
- Legal Terms and Cultural Understandings of Identity
- Settler Colonial Logics
- Legislative History
- Residential Schools and Intergenerational Impacts
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.