The Toronto Hostels Training Centre will only accept equivalency for Certified training monitored by a recognized accredited training organization for:
- Standard First Aid and CPR (WSIB certified trainer);
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI certified trainer);
- Understanding and Managing Aggressive Behaviour (HY’N’Hancement certified trainer);
- Defusing Hostility (CTI certified trainer); and
- WHMIS (WHMIS certified trainer)
Equivalency may be granted within the context of a partnership with an accredited Community College or University or accredited training provider.
WORKSHOP EQUIVALENCY REQUIREMENTS
Certified training monitored by a recognized accredited training organization for Standard First Aid and CPR (WSIB certified trainer), Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI certified trainer), Understanding and Managing Aggressive Behaviour (HY’N’Hancement certified trainer), Defusing Hostility (CTI certified trainer), and WHMIS (WHMIS certified trainer). Upon completion of the required number of training hours and/or test, participants receive a certificate issued by the recognized accredited training organization covering a specific period of validity.
* Please submit the following either in person, mail, fax or by email:
- The session offered by THTC for which you wish to receive credit/equivalency and for what purpose.
- The original or photocopy of the certificate in question/proof of completion. If providing a photocopy/fax please ensure the name of the training agency, participant and date of issue and/or expiry on the certificate is clear and can be read easily.
- Copy of the curriculum/content of the training
- Contact information for the training agency/trainer that provided the training.
- Participant contact information in the event further clarification is required.
Forward all equivalency inquiries to:
Attention: Equivalency Inquiry
65 Wellesley Street East, Suite 501. Toronto, ON M4Y 1G7