THTC CERTIFICATE PROGRAM UPDATES
Standard First Aid and CPR/Emergency First Aid and CPR
- First Aid and CPR certifications are extended to December 31, 2020.
- For in-service agency specific training, please contact ADET Inc. email@example.com
- For individual classroom/blended learning options, please contact St. John Ambulance www.sja.ca
- For individual classroom/blended learning options, please contact The Red Cross www.redcross.ca
Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) – Blended Learning
- Successful completion of the self-paced portion is required prior to attending the Day 2 Live Online session. This training provides verbal intervention certificate of completion and focuses on verbal and non-touch strategies to address physical risk behaviours. Due to Covid-19 physical distancing restrictions, the CPI Disengagement Skills (formerly Personal Safety Techniques) are not being offered at this time.
Understanding and Managing Aggressive Behaviour (UMAB)
- Due to physical distancing requirements, only a one-day verbal de-escalation portion of this training is currently being delivered.
Mental Health First Aid
- The Mental Health Commission of Canada has developed a free crisis response training course for the public.
- “The Crisis Response Virtual Training – Caring for Others – will focus on how to create a safe space to have conversations about mental health and/or substance use problems. This training will prepare participants to have conversations confidently about mental health during a crisis, with their family, friends, communities, and workplaces. Participants will also be taught the skills required to respond to a mental health crisis until professional help arrives.
- Please note this course should not serve as substitutes for Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) as it has been developed specifically for the COVID-19 pandemic. We encourage all participants to complete MHFA training once in-person courses resume.”
- For more information please contact the Mental Health Commission of Canada www.mhfa.ca
ASIST Two Day Training
- Currently offering Two-Day Live Online Suicide Prevention Workshop.
The following training & workshop certificates are valid for the following duration….