The Toronto Hostels Training Centre offers practical, financially accessible training curriculum for shelter, housing and drop-in staff, managers, peer workers, volunteers, students in job placements and agency board members. The Training Centre produces two calendars annually, providing over 120 workshops in a wide range of subject areas including:
- Standardized and specialized training for those working with homeless individuals and families;
- Upgrading working skills for shelter staff;
- Standardized training for Standards and Guidelines, Standard First Aid and CPR, WHMIS;
- Crisis Intervention Training;
A robust and dynamic homeless and housing sector with the skills, knowledge and experience to end homelessness – inspiring growth and transforming lives.
To enhance the capacity of the homeless and housing sector to better respond to emerging needs through high quality, practical training, promoting evidence-based practices, and supporting coordination of the sector.
Toronto Hostels Training Centre offers the following Certificates:
- Children & Youth Issues Training Centre Certificate (CYITCC)
- Drop-In Service Skills Training Centre Certificate (DISSTC) & the Drop-In Foundation Series (DIFS)
- Hostels Training Centre Certificate (HTCC)
- Hostels Training Centre Certificate Supervisors/Managers (HTCCSM)
- Older Homeless Population Certificate Program (OHPCP)
The Toronto Hostels Training Centre is pleased to present another series of leading edge training opportunities for shelter staff and individuals who work with the homeless population. In addition to the development of the certificate programs, there are many new and exciting topics based on feedback and training suggestions received from various agencies and participants.
We value your input. Please contact us if you have any comments or suggestions on how we can further meet your individual and/or agency needs.