In 2000, due to numerous requests and the result of a needs assessment, a pilot project was launched, to create a training program that could provide training for individual Toronto based agencies outside the Metro area serving the homeless population.
- The Training Centre provides over 120 workshops in a wide range of subject areas!
- Please view the workshop descriptions, learning objectives and bios detailed in the Training Calendar to learn more.
Through the in-service option, agencies can choose from the workshops that already exist in the training calendar and, provided the facilitator is available, the workshop can be delivered at their agency or on-site at THTC exclusively for their staff.
In order to have enough time to coordinate a session:
- Requests for in-service training must be received at least four weeks in advance
- The training fee is based on the instructors’ rate plus an administration charge for 20 participants
- Transportation and accommodation are not included in the base training cost
- Training includes the cost of coordinating the training, facilitator, training package, evaluations/summary and certificates of attendance
- All those requesting in-service training must complete a written needs assessment and sign a training contract before the Centre can confirm the in-service session.
- Payment for in-service training is required 14 business days’ prior to the training date.
For further information and/or to receive a needs assessment for in-service training:
- contact Ruth at 416-469-0007 ext. 22; or
- via email email@example.com