Trans Inclusion Training 101
Date(s) - 01/16/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
Individuals who identify as Trans often experience barriers to accessing necessary services due to discrimination or harassment based on their gender identity and gender expression. This practical session will explore the experiences and challenges faced by Trans people and will support you to develop approaches to fostering a Trans inclusive environment. Participants will also learn small and larger steps they can take personally and within their organizations to create more inclusive spaces and services for Trans individuals. The session will be facilitated by The 519 Church Street Community Centre. The centre provides education and training programs that meet the needs of the local and broader LGBTQ communities. The 519 Hear It! Stop It! #nobystanders inclusion campaign and education curriculum challenge homophobic and transphobic language and provides organizations, LGBTQ community members and their allies with the resources to foster safe, welcoming and inclusive environments for everyone.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be emailed upon successful completion.
- Acquire common language and appropriate terminology.
- Become more knowledgeable and develop strategies for reducing barriers for Trans service- users.
- Understand the social determinants of health for Trans clientele.
- Explore ways of supporting choices amongst Trans clientele that minimize risks and reduce transmission of HIV.
- Develop strategies to solve common scenarios involving Trans service-users.
- Develop skills to integrate learning into the provision of Trans inclusive services.
- Develop skills to critically assess the Trans inclusiveness and accessibility of one’s agency.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
|CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST|