Trauma Informed Care Part II
Date(s) - 08/25/2017
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Advanced Trauma Informed Care workshop builds on the knowledge acquired within the introductory session. Participants will already possess knowledge and understanding of how trauma and attachment histories can alter the brain and how it can impact normative child development and adult functioning. In this advanced workshop, participants will examine what steps an agency needs to implement in order to be considered “Trauma Informed”. You will learn how to design interventions that will be more effective with trauma based behaviour, learn to identify and consider sensorial based reactivity, communication and language styles and body language when determining how to respond to behaviour. We will address the potential impact of personal histories, issues of self-awareness and models for supervising and supporting those who work with traumatized populations.
Note: It is recommended that participants attend Part I prior to Part II or consult with the instructor. If one has recent prior training in Trauma and Attachment Theory, Trauma and its impact on the Brain and Child Development– one does not have to take the Trauma Informed Care Part I Session.
- What does having “Trauma Informed Care and Services” really mean? How does this change what we do and how we do it?
- Approaches to examine agency procedures through a Trauma Informed Lens and crafting helpful individualized responses to traumatized clients.
- Safety and predictability – critical to a trauma informed service.
- Sensorial Based Reactivity and hyper-arousal, body language and communication – Implications for interventions.
- Grounding techniques, self-awareness, supervision and personal histories – what have these got to do with sound care for clients and staff?
Click here to Register
Please note: Only a total of 4 participants can be registered at any one time.