SESSION IS FULL: ASIST Two-Day Training
Date(s) - 06/27/2017 - 06/28/2017
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) Two-Day Training
The ASIST workshop is for caregivers who want to feel more comfortable, confident and competent in helping to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. Over one million caregivers have participated in this two-day, highly interactive, practical, practice-oriented workshop. Participation in the full two days is required. Enjoy small group discussions and skills practice that are based upon adult learning principles. Experience powerful videos on suicide intervention. Feel challenged and safe. Learn suicide first aid.
- Recognize that caregivers and persons at risk are affected by personal and societal attitudes about suicide.
- Discuss suicide with a person at risk in a direct manner.
- Identify risk alerts and develop a safe plan.
- Demonstrate the skills required to intervene with a person at risk of suicide.
- List the types of resources available to a person at risk of suicide, including themselves.
- Recognize that suicide prevention is broader than suicide intervention and includes life promotion and self-care for caregivers and persons at risk © Centre for Suicide Prevention.
Target Group: All
Registrations are closed for this program. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.